HAS ANYBODY SEEN OR HEARD FROM CHARLES BUTLER ??
m***@gmx.de
2013-03-29 23:51:08 UTC
Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
know if he ever made it back to Texas?
Mike
Hey i know him :)
r***@gmail.com
And you are ?
s***@gmail.com
2014-02-22 03:33:57 UTC
Pingpong,

The Alex Shiroky your speaking of is my father :) ... I was showing my girlfriend old news articles and stumbled on this thread... He is good, what would you like to know? You can email me at ***@gmail.com
m***@gmail.com
Does anyone have any information on Charles (Bubba) Butler
b***@gmail.com
2018-06-17 23:38:16 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
know if he ever made it back to Texas?
Mike
Does anyone have any information on Charles (Bubba) Butler
I knew Charles Butler, in fact I beat him in a tournament (with the spot) and won $30. It was the final game of the night....I had recently attended a clinic in Pittsburgh taught by Danny and Ricky SEEMILLER and beat him using anti on one side and a beefed up extra thick rubber on the other. I was spotted 18 points and won with the score 21/12 or something like that. The tournament was in 1974 and it was held at Slippery Rock College. Charles was a rated player in Pennsylvania, and had the best loop around. I was very intimidated having to play him.

Charles was crushing me during the match so I switched to the SEEMILLER backhand and extended my arm as far as I could during the vollies. The ball would spin a little weird when I did that, and I knew if I waited for the right moment Charles would loop one just a little weak eventually. He did and I slammed it into his midsection (handcuffing him). I did that move enough to win. (I only had to win 3 points per game to beat him with the handicap system)

If you ever do talk to Charles he will remember that night...guaranteed. He wasn't happy!

Bob Rose

***@gmail.com
6***@gmail.com
Wow this is a really old message-- if anyone knows Charles' whereabouts I'd love to find him if it's the guy I'm thinking of. He was from Texas and we worked and went to school together in Oklahoma for a short while in '73 - '75. Last I knew he was playing exhibition shows with the harlem globetrotters way back then. If anyone has news please contact me ***@hotmail.com
d***@gmail.com
2016-03-12 03:13:18 UTC
Charles lives allready in Germany. He plays table Tennis Hamburg.
Robert Trudell
2016-11-27 01:10:46 UTC
Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
know if he ever made it back to Texas?
Mike
You might check with Vigo Christophersen at the Spinfactory in Hamburg

Robert Trudell
2016-11-27 01:19:43 UTC
You might check with Vigo Christophersen at the Spinfactory in Hamburg http://youtu.be/6iIp1vML0DA
Bill Kenig says, "He's rich. Too bad he doesn't have a sister."
Bill Hileman
I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed watching Charles play. He was intense, focused.
u***@gmail.com
2018-11-14 11:42:59 UTC
Post by Bill Hileman
Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
know if he ever made it back to Texas?
Mike
I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed watching Charles play. He was intense, focused.
Still playing 10th league in Germany:
https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/HaTTV/18-19/ligen/1-Bezirksliga-Herren-Staffel-1/gruppe/339597/mannschaft/2101498/Walddoerfer-SV-V/spielerbilanzen/vr
Xix Internal Critic
2021-07-29 20:25:39 UTC
Post by u***@gmail.com
Charles "Bubba" Butler was a machine. He could do over
70 pull-ups. He nearly made the U.S. Team one year,
then moved to Europe for several years. Does anyone
know if he ever made it back to Texas?
Mike
I wasn't on a first-name basis with him or anything but I'd seen him play at various tourneys in Pennsylvania in the 70's and I'm pretty sure he was at the '77 Seemiller summer camp in Pittsburgh with me. Eric Boggan was there, too. I enjoyed watching Charles play. He was intense, focused.
https://www.mytischtennis.de/clicktt/HaTTV/18-19/ligen/1-Bezirksliga-Herren-Staffel-1/gruppe/339597/mannschaft/2101498/Walddoerfer-SV-V/spielerbilanzen/vr
Hello mates,

Charles Butler died 24.12.2020 aged 67 from cancer.
I loved him. He teached me everything.

Kind Regards
Marcus
Larry Goldfarb
2022-01-26 10:07:29 UTC
Post by Xix Internal Critic
Post by u***@gmail.com
[...]
This is very sad news but thanks for posting. My condolences to his family. I played nearly daily with Charles butler in the mid 70's at Danny's club in Pittsburgh where he and Gary Fagan were die-hard players practicing to be champions. We traveled together to many tournaments, mainly in Gary's rotary engine Mazda as Charles Camaro was a bit older and not in as good a road condition. Charles was a gentlemen and a hard competitor. I think I once heard that Charles and Gary drove from Pittsburgh to Omaha, played a few matches, lost and drove back only to start practicing and playing as soon as they got back. That may be called crazy but that was hw dedicated they were to table tennis. May Charles rest in peace.

Cheers,

Larry
Xix Internal Critic
2022-10-04 00:46:26 UTC